Summary: Responsible for maintaining the physical condition of Sandor properties in the Indianapolis area under the direction of the Facility Manager.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Provides day-to-day maintenance activities for assigned shopping centers
- Cleans, maintains, and demos vacant units
- Maintains all hardscape surfaces throughout the year
- Assists in monitoring all work performed by outside contractors
- Performs minor carpentry, electrical, and plumbing repairs
- Performs other general property maintenance
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Required skills and experience:
- Three years of commercial building maintenance experience
- Ability to work independently and stay on task
- Ability to effectively communicate with tenants, employees, contractors, and vendors
- Basic understanding of facility-related workings
- Knowledge of basic tool operation and related safety procedures
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record for the past five years
- Schedule flexibility
Reporting to this position: None
Physical demands: While performing duties of the job, employee is required to drive, stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, push, pull, feel, reach, lift, grasp, twist above the waist, bend at the waist, and perform repetitive hand and arm motions. Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, climb ladders, perform rooftop work, and enter crawl spaces. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee often works in outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment ranges from moderate to medium-high.
Attendance: Regular attendance in the Indianapolis office is essential to the Company’s efficient operation and is a necessary condition of employment.