Summary: Serves as the business manager responsible for developing and administering Sandor’s portfolio of retail properties located in Arizona, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oregon, and Texas while coordinating with other departments in the execution of the Company’s business strategy. This position is based in the Scottsdale, Arizona, office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops a general business strategy for each property
- Oversees all team members administering the property, including the mentoring and supervision of subordinate team members
- Collaborates with Leasing Representatives on the marketing strategy for each property and implements recommendations to improve the property
- Performs property inspections on a regular basis including the touring of vacant suites
- Performs pre- and post-occupancy walk-throughs and coordinates any necessary remediation with the Facility Manager
- Oversees the investigation of tenant complaints and resolution of problems
- Communicates regularly with all tenants to analyze financial health and addresses tenant matters while building solid working relationships inside and outside the Company
- Prepares the expense portion and coordination of the annual property budgets
- Works with the Facility Manager to confirm property objectives are being achieved within budgetary requirements
- Communicates with vendors to obtain quotes, reviews pricing and invoices, executes approved contracts, and schedules services
- Assumes overall responsibility for insurance claim investigations
- Promptly responds to calls from tenants and vendors regarding miscellaneous items pertaining to the property
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related field
- Three years of commercial or multifamily property management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word and experience with Yardi
- Strong team player with leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships
Reporting to this position: None
Travel: Travel is frequent and required at least 25% of the time.
Attendance: Regular attendance in the Scottsdale office is essential to the Company’s efficient operation and is a necessary condition of employment.
Physical demands: While performing duties of the job, the Property Manager is occasionally required to stand, walk, or sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The Property Manager must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.